Billardidol
Name: Michael
Playing cue: IQ
Tip: SIB Pro / Zan Hybrid Max
Break Cue: IQ
Jump Cue: McDermott "Flower Power"

Cuetec Avid

Beitrag von treffgarnix »

hab das grad in AZ eingestellt, wens interessiert...

I was curious about these new avid cues, and I bought one before ~ 8 weeks. From the first stroke I liked the balance very much, but added some weight, now it is at 19,7 oz, perfect to me. The tip of the shaft was at other cuetec shafts something that I changed always very quickly, these everest tips and tiger tips in general never had a real chance before, I didn‘t like them. But with this avid shaft the everst tip felt better than I was used to, so I compressed it and when it wasn‘t moving anymore, I put off one layer. Now I really must admit that this avid cue has a feeing that I had never before, it hits very very solid, the sound is warm and destinct, and the feedback also is on a good level.

As I was so excited I ordered another avid shaft for my IQ fullsplice butt, this butt is pretty stiff and has also a special feel, with many shafts it does not harmonize perfectly, mainly concerning the balance. I drilled the 3/8x11 pin into the new avid shaft, compressed the tip like before, and yesterday evening I was playing with it a couple of hours. Amazing!!!

It is so powerful with my fullsplice and the feel in every aspect is even better than at the complete avid cue, and this is already on a very high level! This is my biggest surprise over the last years, and within the last years I have tried a lot! R360, Ignite, Mezz WX700, Predator Z3 and 314/3, Ex Pro, Infinity, Rogue, Pechauer solid... my longterm favourite was since a couple of years the cuetec cynergy, but this avid shaft is something that I wouldn‘t have expected and that affects me totally positive.

About the performance I cannot say too much in the moment. The deflection level is low, but if it is on the level of the cynergy I‘m not sure yet, but if there is a difference it is little. The ability to apply spin is great and very linear like at the cynergy, but the effectiveness of the avid shaft at applying spin seems to be even a little higher than with the cynergy. Long shots are very easy, I feel a lot of trust with this avid shaft, and also sensitive game on small areas works very well. And I like the light colour + the durability of this shaft. The avid shaft has a potential to get my new longterm favourite!

https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/ ... st-6900054
Als Einstein Examina abnahm, fragte ihn einmal ein Student: "Sie stellen in diesem Semester ja genau die gleichen Fragen wie beim letzten Mal." Darauf Einstein: "Das ist wahr. Nur die Antworten sind diesmal anders."
tintin
Billardidol
Billardidol

Re: Cuetec Avid

Beitrag von tintin »

Hi.
Wenn es dich interessiert, hier testet Karl Boyes auch das Oberteil.
https://youtu.be/VSOmpt0807I
treffgarnix
Billardidol
Billardidol
Name: Michael
Playing cue: IQ
Tip: SIB Pro / Zan Hybrid Max
Break Cue: IQ
Jump Cue: McDermott "Flower Power"

Re: Cuetec Avid

Beitrag von treffgarnix »

Ja danke! Ich habe das Video schon gesehen, ich verstehe nur nicht seine Bedenken zur Haltbarkeit. Da hätte ich wesentlich mehr Bauchweh z. B. bei den Predator 314 oder Z oder allen anderen Holzoberteilen.
Als Einstein Examina abnahm, fragte ihn einmal ein Student: "Sie stellen in diesem Semester ja genau die gleichen Fragen wie beim letzten Mal." Darauf Einstein: "Das ist wahr. Nur die Antworten sind diesmal anders."
Antworten

Zurück zu „Material“